Vincent J. Maloney is a practicing divorce attorney in Traverse City, MI


Vincent J. MaloneyDivorce, child custody, adoption, paternity, juvenile law, abuse/neglect cases and pre-nuptial agreements are all part of the family law practice of Vincent J. Maloney Attorney at Law.  He has 25 years of experience in divorce law.

Vincent J. Maloney has argued family law appeals in the Michigan Court of Appeals. These cases have included appeals of trial court decisions regarding divorce, alimony, child support, child custody, child abuse and neglect, and property division.

Prior to becoming an attorney, Vincent J. Maloney was a child and family therapist.   This experience was invaluable in his family law practice.  Here he gained knowledge and a perspective of the mental health field and professionals.

Experience and perspective guide him in his decision-making about children and families and in particular, his clients.


Divorce is often a contentious and stressful event, especially when child custody and property division issues come up.  Let Mr. Maloney answer some of your immediate questions; such as:

  • How will support be determined?
  • Will I get alimony?
  • Can I keep the house?
  • Can I move out of the house?
  • What about my retirement accounts?
  • Do I have to share my inheritance?
  • How long will the divorce take?
  • What will happen to my kids?
  • Who pays for attorney fees?

Michigan courts encourage settlements! The court will order the parties to attend mediation before a trial.  However, Mr. Maloney will try your case if necessary with the skill and experience of more than 25 years of trial work.   As a result, he gives his clients the time and experience necessary to guide them through one of the most difficult events in their lives.

Child Custody

Bebé caminandoMr. Maloney can advise you on how a court decides child custody, along with answer other questions parents routinely raise when facing a divorce; including:

  • How does the court make a child custody decision?
  • How long will the court take to make a decision?
  • What role does a boyfriend (significant other, step mom, etc.) play?


Often a parent is considering relocating to another city or state after the divorce. This can be very stressful if they fear child custody changes or problems.  If you are considering this, get your questions answered now:

  • What happens if I want to relocate?
  • Can I move beyond 100 miles?
  • Can I move out of state with my children?
  • Who will have to pay for transportation for the non-custodial parent, to see the child?

Call Vincent J Maloney now, for a free 30 minute consultation and get answers to your questions at 231.947.3331.